Health risks of mould

A small amount of mould spores occur naturally in nature, but when mould grows in the home, the amount of spores in an enclosed space can cause considerable health issues of any occupants. Some people have a bad reaction to the spores, or substances that they produce, while there are other species that act as an irritant to the nose, throat and eyes, or more seriously, the lungs. Symptoms include sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes, and a skin rash. Some people experience tiredness and shortness of breath, and the mould may also trigger asthma attacks too.

For this reason it is vital to act quickly when mould is detected, and have the problem dealt with by experienced professionals such as Mould Management.


health professional